How To Create Wow Experiences For Your Students And Staff
Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want to Miss:
- “If we recognize how important natural defining moments are, we can shape them -- make them more memorable and meaningful.”
- Wow experiences elevate the ordinary in a way that reinforces your core values and create moments of insight for your staff and students.
- There are three opportunities every Builder has to create WOW moments for students and staff: Transitions, milestones, and pits.
- Transitions should be marked, milestones should be commemorated, and pits should be filled.
- Wow moments don’t need to be so much orchestrated as acted upon. The opportunity to give someone a WOW experience happens every day, multiple times during the day.
Today’s episode may seem a little “fluffy” but stick with me. We’re talking about how to create WOW experiences for your students and staff, but we’re not talking about the typical dog and pony show. Instead, we’re talking about how Builders intentionally leverage specific moments in the year to reinforce their school core values and shape their school culture. Learn what a WOW experience is, when you should create them, and how you can use them to turn those unnoticed ordinary moments of the school year -- even the bad ones like negative teacher evaluations and disciplinary referrals -- into meaningful learning experiences that actually build a strong school culture.
Check out these highlights:
Links mentioned in this episode:
If you liked today’s show, would you take a moment to leave me a review on itunes? It will only take a couple of minutes and it would mean the world to me! Click here to leave a review.
Not sure how to leave a review? Click here for some instructions.