Are you in an abusive relationship with your boss?
Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want to Miss:
- Sometimes a school or district culture can be so toxic that abusive behaviors seem almost normal.
- You do not have to accept abusive behaviors from your boss. You ALWAYS have other options.
- Whenever you let others keep you from fulfilling your full potential, you are cheating your teachers and students of the gifts you bring to the table.
- You cannot sacrifice your conscience, health, or sanity at the altar of your ambition. If you think you have to be somebody else in order to get ahead, will you even like yourself when you finally arrive?
- You should never have to “pay your dues” with pieces of your soul.
I debated about whether or not to air this episode because I take abuse very seriously but the more I heard from administrators about their situations, the more I realized that many administrators are in abusive relationships with their supervisors.
So, we need to talk about it which is why in today’s episode, we’re going to explore 10 warning signs that you are in an abusive relationship with your supervisor and what you can realistically handle it #LikeABuilder.
Check out these highlights:
Links mentioned in this episode:
If you liked today’s show, would you take a moment to leave me a review on itunes? It will only take a couple of minutes and it would mean the world to me! Click here to leave a review.
Not sure how to leave a review? Click here for some instructions.