The 5 Types of School Cultures
Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want to Miss:
- If your culture is more focused on compliance than
- While it may be good to be collaborative, too much collaboration can lead to “groupthink.”
- Be careful that in your quest for inclusion, you don’t unintentionally create new systems that exclude a new group of students.
- A focus on constant innovation means that teachers never have a chance to master one skill before we move on to the next one.
- “Staying in your lane” doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Done right, it can help your team make an even more meaningful contribution to the work because they can focus on what they are best at.
Normally when we think about school cultures, we think that a culture is either healthy or toxic. But, did you know that there are actually five different types of school cultures?
In today's episode, I’m breaking down the characteristics of each of the 5 types of school cultures. But here’s the thing. No matter what kind of school culture you have, there are challenges and pitfalls.
So tune in today to discover what type of school culture you have and how you can avoid the challenges that come with each type of school culture #LikeABuilder.
Check out these highlights:
Links mentioned in this episode:
If you liked today’s show, would you take a moment to leave me a review on itunes? It will only take a couple of minutes and it would mean the world to me! Click here to leave a review.
Not sure how to leave a review? Click here for some instructions.