The elephant in the room
Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want to Miss:
- Being a principal is hard -- not so much because of the job duties, but because of the emotional weight every principal carries each day.
- One of the hardest parts about being a principal is that while everyone else has a clearly defined area of responsibility -- their classroom, attendance, the physical plant -- you’re responsible for all of it.
- Being a principal can be very lonely.
- Warning: Being a Builder will make you the “weirdo” in your district. People will not understand what you are doing or why you have departed from the status quo and they will try to force or shame you to get you back in line.
- People don’t understand the amount of emotional labor it takes to be a principal. It’s one of the reasons the job is so exhausting.
Links mentioned in this episode:
If you liked today’s show, would you take a moment to leave me a review on itunes? It will only take a couple of minutes and it would mean the world to me! Click here to leave a review.
Not sure how to leave a review? Click here for some instructions.