Finding the Hidden Opportunities in Your School
Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want to Miss:
- We need to spend more time building upon our successes than wallowing in our failures.
- We spend a lot of time studying what isn’t working in our schools when we should be spending more time learning from what IS working.
- If we understood what is actually working in our schools and why it is working, we could clone and scale our successes instead of repeating our failures.
- When we only focus on our problems, we reach for “solutions” outside of our school that don’t work. When we understand our problems in light of our successes, we often find the solution already exists in our schools.
- Spend time looking for the “bright spots” in your school. That way, you can learn from your successes and replicate them.
We spend a lot of time focused on our challenges (and understandably so) but if you only focus on what’s wrong with your school, you miss a HUGE opportunity fo find solutions that might otherwise go unnoticed.
That’s why on today’s episode, we’re going to take a look at a little-used but powerful strategy for finding the hidden opportunities that already exist in your school.
Tune in today to discover how to use “brightspotting” #LikeABuilder.
Check out these highlights:
Links mentioned in this episode:
If you liked today’s show, would you take a moment to leave me a review on itunes? It will only take a couple of minutes and it would mean the world to me! Click here to leave a review.
Not sure how to leave a review? Click here for some instructions.