Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want to Miss:
- Although you may be tempted to implement ALLL the parts of Buildership right away, if you try to do too much too fast, you will end up breaking the system instead of building it.
- Building takes time. Don’t rush the process. Do things right the first time so that you won’t have to redo them later on.
- Stop putting so much pressure on yourself. You WILL succeed if you just trust the process.
- Quick fixes don’t really fix anything.
- As a Builder, you’re not jumping from one initiative to the next. Instead, you are taking your time and building something so strong that it will last long after you are gone.
If you’re fairly new to Buildership or even if you’ve been on your own Buildership journey for a while, there is a real temptation to try to do ALLLLL the things right away.
Afterall, once you see the power of Buildership, you realize how much of what you’ve always been taught to do isn’t serving you or your students. So, while you may want to rush to implement Buildership in your school, don’t. Buildership takes time in order to do it right.
That’s why in today’s episode, you’ll discover why implementing Buildership properly takes about 3 years. We’ll break down the entire Buildership journey (including all the wins you’ll experience along the way), the Buildership timeline, and the very real dangers of trying to do too much too fast.
By the time you’re done listening, you’ll hopefully stop putting pressure on yourself and give yourself permission to take your time#LikeABuilder.
Check out these highlights:
Links mentioned in this episode:
If you liked today’s show, would you take a moment to leave me a review on itunes? It will only take a couple of minutes and it would mean the world to me! Click here to leave a review.
Not sure how to leave a review? Click here for some instructions.