Is your school stuck in the “comfort zone?”
Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want to Miss:
- Making everyone comfortable is a trap. Once they’re truly comfortable, why would they ever want to change?
- When people are comfortable, they often resist challenges to their status quo. When people are safe, they feel free to take risks, attempt innovation without fear of blame, shame, or judgment.
- The paradox is that trying to make everyone comfortable before you pursue your vision keeps you so trapped in a cycle of appeasement that you cannot move forward.
- Comfort in an organization may feel good in the short term, but in the long term it leads to regret.
- “By creating a safe environment, you can help your team feel more comfortable taking on challenges and pursuing their goals.” -- Brené Brown
One of the biggest traps leaders face is that they have been trained to focus on making their staff comfortable instead of safe.
The challenge is that once you start focusing on your team’s comfort, you end up making people comfortable where they are instead of challenging them to pursue something better.
On today’s episode, discover the steps you need to take to transition your school culture from a culture of comfort to a culture of safety so that your teachers feel empowered to take risks, pursue bigger goals, and ultimately achieve your vision for 100% of your students #LikeABuilder.
Check out these highlights:
Links mentioned in this episode:
If you liked today’s show, would you take a moment to leave me a review on itunes? It will only take a couple of minutes and it would mean the world to me! Click here to leave a review.
Not sure how to leave a review? Click here for some instructions.