How to Build True Staff Alignment Part 1
Biggest Takeaways You Don't Want to Miss:
- The way that we were trained to give feedback to teachers creates a power imbalance that robs teachers of true ownership over their practice and their results.
- If your support for teachers doesn’t set them up to be successful without you, it’s not support, it’s a crutch.
- We are often afraid to build true ownership for teachers because we don’t trust the decisions they will make. But, when everyone is anchored in the same vision, mission, and core values, you can trust your teachers to make the right decisions for students.
- You can’t “teacher-proof” teaching.
- True staff alignment doesn't mean that everyone conforms to the same behaviors. True Staff Alignment means that everyone chooses to align their behaviors in a way that is consistent with the vision, mission, and core values of your school.
Links mentioned in this episode:
If you liked today’s show, would you take a moment to leave me a review on itunes? It will only take a couple of minutes and it would mean the world to me! Click here to leave a review.
Not sure how to leave a review? Click here for some instructions.